Did you know that the Australian Government believes general practice is the ideal place to promote healthy eating?
But alarmingly, less than 7% of general practice consultations involve any mention of nutrition. This is a huge problem.
Since 2015 I have been leading my research team in developing and testing ways to help GPs and nurses discuss nutrition with patients in general practice consultations. We have produced “Nutricare" – a FREE practice support bundle that uses evidence-based, non-controversial nutrition messages to help GPs and nurses feel confident with nutrition and raise this important topic with patients. This video provides a brief overview:
The resources can be used all at once for maximum support, or alternatively can be selected from the list based on the needs of your staff.
1. Video for patients – to be shown in the waiting room
2. Video on nutrition for GP and PNs – to be played at a staff meeting
3. Text message – to be sent to patients before arriving at the clinic
4. Wall poster – to be printed and placed on the wall in the consulting room
5. Desk cards – to be placed on the desk of the GP or nurse
6. Patient handout – to be given to patients upon arrival at the clinic